As the power behind the 2019 Corvette ZR1, the new, supercharged 6.2L LT5 represents the pinnacle of Chevrolet's performance: It's the most powerful engine ever offered in a Chevy production vehicle. The Chevrolet Performance LT5 crate engine delivers 755 horsepower and 715 lb. ft. of torque. It builds on the successful supercharging legacy of the LS9 and LT4 engines, with advanced technologies such as camshaft phasing and direct injection.
An all new, 2.65 liter supercharger (64 percent larger than the LT4's supercharger) pumps out more boost and blows into a robust charge cooling system with about twice the capacity of the LT4's system. It's supported by a unique dual fuel system that features eight port style injectors, which complement the engine's standard direct injection system. That's a grand total of 16 injectors, with the auxiliary port injectors supporting the direct injection system under heavier fuel loads such as wide open throttle.
The LT5 also features the largest throttle body ever on an LS or LT engine, and electronically controlled bypass for the supercharger, specific heavy duty main bearings and more. The bottom line is there's never been a more powerful production based crate engine from Chevrolet Performance and it's ready for your ride!
LT5 Tech Specs
Bore x Stroke (in.): 4.06 x 3.62
- Compression Ratio: 10:1
- Crankshaft: Forged steel
- Piston: Forge aluminum with polymer-coated skirts
- Cylinder Heads: Rotocast A356T6 aluminum
- Valve Size (in.): 2.13 titanium (intake) and 1.590 sodium-filled (exhaust)
- Supercharger: R2650 (2.65L)
- Supercharger Drive: 11-rib belt
- Max Boost: 14 psi
- Throttle Body: 95-mm diameter
- Fuel System: Direct injection (primary) with port injection (supplementary)
- Horsepower: 755 @ 6400 rpm
- Torque (lb.-ft) 715 @ 3600 rpm
This price is engine and supercharger only,wiring harnesses are additional,picture is for reference only.Some fuel components will be required for additional cost.